Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Warm & Snuggly!

Warm & Snuggly

I am used to cold weather, and in Florida there isn’t “cold” per say, more like “cooler” weather. I love blankets; I mean I LOVE them mostly throws and the softer the better, obviously.
Since I am visiting Amy in VA Beach this week, we were out shopping at Kohl’s, I needed to spend my ‘Kohl’s Cash” and we walked around and looked at everything deciding what to buy.
We came across these blankets, and there were two of them, on clearance. They are super soft and kitted they’re a mix of grey and black threads. Amy got so excited draped the blanket around here, in effort to “snuggle” it and said “OH MY GOD! I LOOOOVE THESE, So soft! Feel” and as I went to feel it, she turned away and I didn’t get to feel it. Brat! Luckily there was another one that I could feel. She was right, they are awesome.
I had to get them, they were $7.99 and I bought them both, one for her, one for me. I am a good friend! I couldn’t resist the price and then went over to the fleece blankets.
Back in Florida I have a light blue oversized fleece that I love, also bought it at kohl’s back in Denver a few years ago, it’s my favorite. They had a white one with colored poke-a-dots on it! It was cute and not on sale. What the heck, I bought it too!
Since I am here for what we call “recovery time” to recover from the traumatic and tragedies of both of us losing our mothers two weeks apart. We spend a lot of time talking and of course on our blackberries in the same room. We both recline in the recliners with the soft new blankets draped over us and just relax.
It’s been one of the nicest things I’ve had in a while, be it if we’re watching TV, or if I am reading, or us laughing at each other or the kids OR the cats. Sometimes doing nothing and being with a great friend makes life feel a little bit better! We have definitely lived up to our nick names “Pot & Kettle”

0 comments:

Post a Comment