Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, October 9, 2009

Booked!

Let me first just say, even typing this I have butterflies in my tummy (read: yummy, the typical typo I have, and we roll with it) I booked my ticket to go pick up the said Lighting in my previous blog. Since no one really reads this-I am sneaky and haven’t really shared it much (that and, who wants to read my random adventures?) I am keeping it hush-hush till I have the title and keys in my hand.
The truck is in Atlanta the price is right, the mods are right, the motor is the reason I am buying this bad boy and I am ready to roll.
The day is the 17th. I am still traveling the east-coast in Virginia Beach I will be back the 12th. Matt, the owner of the L now, will be out of town till the 16th so the 17th is the first day I can go get it.
I asked for a compression test, as recommended by a friend who knows L’s, this truck & its builder and Matt said no problem, let him know when I am flying in, he will come get me & told me I will love this truck.
I have no doubts in my mind once I actually lay eyes on it, and get my foot on that pedal I will love it. For now, it’s still the shock of wanting one, finding one, and committing to it.
I don’t have commitment issues, but I do change my mind a lot! With SO SO SO SOOOO many trucks on the market I just want to make sure THIS is THE truck for me.
A few friends have reassured me that I am getting a hellva deal on the truck, and bottom line, for the money I would rather go fast than have a stock-low-mileage-truck. Which later on will require me to throw money at it, and I can’t really justify passing this one up.
Of course, I commit to Matt to let everyone know the sale is pending on it, and not a few hours later a Florida member of LRodder PM’d me to offer me his truck. While I would love to hear about it, I’ve already committed to this truck, and I need to stick to it. It has everything and more I would ever want on a truck, and honestly: it’s way too much of a truck for me-but I am willing to grow into it J
In the long run this truck should last me a long time the way it is set up, and save me a lot of money since I won’t need to throw money at it to go fast, it does that, thanks to the previous owner’s pocket book!
So, as it stands it looks like Shadow will be having a Silver Lightning as a sister, who is yet to be named at this point in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment