Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, October 12, 2009

Travel Forecast-Layover with a chance of Hang-over!

Headed back to Sunny Florida today! Sad to leave VA Beach but I will be back in five short weeks! I love flying out of ORF its small enough to get in and get to where I need to go without any delays or issues! So nice!

Baggage issues today? Nope! Thank god! I left one bag back at Amy’s since I don’t need half the crap I packed for the next five weeks. I checked one bag, and carried on the laptops and camera bag. Security was a breeze I even had time to sit out and type a blog (not this one) I wasn’t rushed. I had a lot of time to think about a few things. I like time to reflect on life and certain situations. I am going to hold my tongue on this issue until I know more, and then I will let the cat out of the bag if it comes true. Let’s just say it’s a big change, and can be a really great opportunity. Zip. That’s it. Lips are sealed.

There are never, EVER, EVER-any direct flights from Va to FL it seems. So again I am flying through Charlotte. I board the plane and everything is smooth, I catch up on reading “I hope they serve beer in hell” and get just about finished with it when the plane arrives in Charlotte. I have an hour layover and have to change planes. Joy.

I am in concourse E I need to go to concourse C which to me, would be easy and just right down the terminal. No of course it isn’t! It’s on the OTHER side of the airport, good thing I have time to spare. I head over there and take my time looking at the shops and all of the random stuff they have there. I come across a winery, I was shocked! A Winery? In an Airport? AND you can carry on bottles to the plane? No way! This is awesome. Immediately Charlotte is up there in my top 10 favorite cities and I haven’t ever been outside of the airport!

I talk to the guy for a few minutes let him know what my palette is; mostly sweet and I like to stick to the whites and or bubby. I try about seven wines and they are pretty good sized tastes, we’re talking more than ¼ a glass, and might I mention I haven’t had anything to eat all day. I feel buzzed, okay maybe more than buzzed but I am happy and I’m relaxed and that’s all that matters!

Get this, the place even ships if you order 3 or more bottles, they ship for FREE! I love free shipping. The guy said if I order more than $250 worth of wine in a case he’ll give me a case discount. I didn’t think it would be that high. I tried several whites, blushes and dessert wines; I loved the blush and two of the three dessert wines I tried. I told the guy I wanted 4 blush (they were $10 a bottle) and 2 of one dessert wine and 2 of the other. Because, somehow in my head that was 6! See how affected I was by the “tastes”? He quickly corrects my math and we laugh about it. I changed the 4 to 2 on the blush and leave the dessert wines they way they are. There are less of them per bottle, they cost more, and I love them so much more too. It comes to be $177 something with the tasting included in the price and he will ship them to me! I am excited! More presents for me!

I head over to the plane and get just about to the terminal and decide I should eat something. I grabbed a Jamba Juice on the way to the gate, once I got closer there was a sea-food joint, stopped in there and had some lunch. Cajun ahi-tuna and mashed potatoes, it was very good, hit the spot. I head over just as the plane is boarding, oh and randomly drunk text a few people at 3 pm. The text reads “Who finds the only winery in the charlotte air port, gets drunk and orders a case of wine to be shipped to them? Apparently I do” I am still laughing about that now, everyone else thought it was funny too!

I get into my seat (window seat-yesss!) I start reading again and just getting ready to take off. They inform us that the flight crew is coming in on another flight and will be coming from E concourse, and I just made that hike I know how far that was and I wasn’t in a hurry. Ugh! We’re now delayed about thirty minutes. I am not angry since I had some wine, just ready to get home and get my dogs, and watch the Monday Night Football game!

Fast Forward, plane lands in Tampa and I am walking out I am wearing my new Yankees jacket I got in New York an older guy who is part of the flight crew says “wear that jacket proud young lady” I smiled at him as he said “GO Yankees!” For those of you who don’t know, Florida is like mini New York, since every New Yorker moves down here, the Yankees are based out of here so we have a big fan base here. It’s nice!

I go to baggage claim to get my bag, I’m standing there, jacket is over my laptop bag since it’s immediately humid the second I step off the plane, the baggage guys sees me comes over and starts talking to me about my jacket. He said “I love your jacket can I borrow it” I said “ You don’t need a jacket here, it’s too hot” He said “ I have one at home, I’m a big fan” I said “This one is from New York I just got it” this lady next to me leans over and says “He just wants it because its new and its yours” We all laughed, and he told me he is from New York (see what I was saying) and where he grew up and all of that.

I get my bags, head out to the passenger pick up and meet TheFriend with my truck! He cleaned it for me! That is so nice; it’s nice to come home to a clean truck! The puppies were so freaking happy to see me! I love when they get so excited and run around me trying to jump up into my arms.

I get home, check the mail and there is a slip saying I have a package in the office! Yay! Presents have started to arrive. I will get that in the morning!
I am pumped to watch the MNF Game on TV since I am beat from traveling and then it hits me that since I haven’t called to get my cable reinstalled (I am never home so I canceled it a few months ago) the game is now on ESPN and not on ABC. UGH! I took a quick shower at about 9pm and threw on my Ronnie Brown jersey I just bought and headed to Beef O’Brady’s just across the street.

I got there at the second quarter, perfect timing. Ordered a beer and some food and sat on the edge of my seat all game. Beers are only $2.89 there for Bud Light Lime, killer deal!
Game was awesome, I fucking HATE THE JETS! Big rivalry between the Phins and the Jets! Thank god they pulled a win in the last 7 seconds I was worried! I was the last to leave the bar. I am a dedicated fan! Way to go boys! Let’s take next week off and come in strong for week 6!

0 comments:

Post a Comment