Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Going Bananas!


I think it’s something in the air, or maybe the time of year, it’s got to be something that is making banana sound so yummy to me!
Remember the Tampa Bay Brewery from yesterday’s IKEA adventures? That beer had a “hint” of banana-which was really more banana than “hint” regardless one of the top five beers I’ve ever had. It has a close running with my new favorite Wild Blue Blueberry Lager.
Tonight we went to P.F. Chang's it’s been a while since I’ve been- I think the last time was in Denver with Kyle back in December? I just remember it being cold and I wore sandals. Dinner was great as usual, I ordered the orange peel beef, and TheFriend got the Mongolian beef. It was a tough choice for me; I was between pepper steak or orange peel beef. Waitress suggested opb, I tried some of TheFriend Mongolian beef, and I was insta-upset. I should have ordered that it was SOFA KING good. Omg! Taste party in my mouth. I know now for next time! Dessert kicked ass though, The Friend went with the traditional cheesecake, I however had the banana spring rolls with pineapple ice cream. See below.


Its movie night! The original plan was to see “The Invention of Lying” which I’ve totally wanted to see, then we get to dinner and TheFriend wants to see “Paranormal” I instantly veto that the second the words leave his mouth. The reviews say it’s a “Blair Witch Project” type of movie, supposedly better. I hated BWP I thought it was stupid. However, Amy saw Paranormal and was so freaked out she had to have her kiddos sleep with her. Either way, I don’t want to see it! Since “The Invention of Lying” isn’t playing near us or at a time that will work we decide to go to St. Pete to see “Toy Story” & “Toy Story 2” in 3D!
On our way there we’re headed toward the pier and there are a bunch of guys on bikes, TheFriend said “look-The Jacket Uniform” That is awesome! I didn’t think of “The Jacket Uniform” so now I need to add that to the list of uniforms that are sexy on men. (read: not all men, just some)
This is the second actual 3D movie I’ve seen. The other one I saw was last year “My Bloody Valentine” supposedly so scary. It was stupid, bad effects and bad actors so I was really hoping this one is killer! We walk in and there is a “Toy Story 3…no toy gets left behind” sign. Then it hit me, and I felt pretty (read: stupid) I had no idea that’s why 1&2 were coming out again in 3D. Just kinda figured they were re-releasing them in 3D just because? Oh well…
The previews are all in 3D which I love, they showed the new Jim Carey animated movie “A Christmas Carol” It looks like it was made to be in 3D the previews totally have me sold. I am seeing it, end of story.
On to the movie! I love Toy Story, it’s been years since I’ve seen it, and in 3D it wasn’t that great, sure it had more depth to it, but since it wasn’t made to be 3D it didn’t JUMP at me. The first movie ended and we decided to bail on the second one TheFriend and I were both so damn tired from having our bellies full from yummy Chinese food.
We walked outside and apparently it was the Gay/Lesbian night at the movies, TheFriend said he read something about it being G/L weekend in St.Pete so we saw a bunch of them outside. Which I would like to note I am not a homophobe, I am pro-love, I don’t think love is confined to sexuality, creed, or race. Point of this mini-story is TheFriend points out this guy whose inside still about to walk out. Says he met him through a mutual friend and he is a Chaplin for some church and made passes at TheFriend. His actual verbiage went like this “That guy wanted to rape me.” I look at the guy (still inside) and as loud as possible I yell “HEY!” TheFriend grabbed my hand and pulled me about ten feet away so fast I couldn’t even blink! I am still laughing from it!
I needed to get gas before headed back to our side of town. Stopped at a gas station right off the highway. It was sketchy at best, St.Pete is really odd, there are beautiful houses and areas and then there are ghettos all intertwined. This particular gas station had the windows and doors barred-never a good sign, on top of that, it was about 11pm so not only were there bars all over, the door was chained to the window. Uhoh. It was at this point that shady character after shady character would pull in and out of the gas station as I pumped gas into the Lexus. I was glad TheFriend was there because being a woman alone in a questionable neighborhood without being protected made me a little scared. I don’t have the fear most people do, I was raised to be aware of my surrounding but not to be fearful. This time I was a little scared. Got the gas and got the hell out of there.
We stopped at 7-11 on the way home so TheFriend could grab some coke and milk, typical bachelor right? I love slurpees so I went in for a tasty treat! I didn’t know Domo was the slurpee mascot, apparently he is. TheFriend got a coke slupree, which I never get, I like coke, but not in slurpee-form it’s just not as good to me. They did however have banana! Woo! They also had this cool aluminum looking straws. I had to get one of those too, in pink! It was cool, so cool that it got cold-freezing cold. That is the point to keep your slurpee colder longer-or at least the stuff in the straw. I liked it, it was cool! I’m not one to chew on my straws anyways so it was perfect for me!

We drove home and went by Bay Shore, which TheFriend tells me is the longest paved sidewalk in the world. Pretty cool! I got to drive by some things in Tampa I haven’t seen before!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment