Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Back to the Routine. Part One

Now that I am back home for about three weeks it’s time to get back into my routine!
Woke up this morning and the power was off, which means the air was off. Not a good start to the day, I love to shower in the dark. Ugh! Called the power company and it would be anywhere between 4-6 hours till it would come back on. Off I go!

Texted “TheFriend” (from previous NY stories) and asked if he wanted to go to Ikea. There are these plastic black stackable bin/storage things I wanted and every time I go I can’t ever freaking find them. Two sets of eyes are always better than one. He agreed.
Went to pick him up and off we went, drove by the Ford Dealership and stopped and looked around at the Mustangs they had out on the lot. I am just amazed that a Mustang costs from 30k-70k these days, how do you people justify that? I love the Shelby and Roush models, they’re just about the only S-197 that really jumps out to me, but after looking at them they come with a 55k price tag. Ouch!

I liked this Grabber Blue Roush 427 it had white decals. I don’t understand why when you’re paying 55k for a car that it comes with vinyl decals? Why not painted on ones?? They have a color similar to Dark Shadow Grey; Of course I loved that too. I stayed away from black as I am not a black fan, and also do not like red interior, too 80’s to me.

We walked by the “regular” GT models which are so bland to me, the new ones have this gianormous scoop on the hood that seriously takes up ¾ of the hood. Ugly. I’m not sold on them in the stock trim anyways. Heard a few of the GT500’s running, they sounded like sex. Still looking at 55k, which blows my mind.

I wanted to see a Raptor in person since I am undecided on how I feel about them. I asked one of the sales guys if they had one, he said yes, in the showroom. I figured it would be there. We walk in the show room, past the 2010 Taurus SHO which I didn’t even look out of the corner of my eye at. I was set on looking at this SVT Raptor with all I had to give it an opinion. It was Orange and when I looked at it from different angles it seemed to appear lighter and darker in spots. I liked that, reminded me of Beryllium which is my favorite orange of all time (Saleen is the only producer of that color BTW)

It is huge, the grill looks like a Tonka truck and it’s just blah to me. The inside is nice, reminds me of a cock-pit from an air plane, lots of buttons and switches. The interior of this one was orange as well, orange pain on the doors and the dash trim it was orange-over load.
What really turned me off was the graphics on the truck. Again just like the Roushs there are vinyl graphics along the sides of the truck in what reminds me of a “splattered” pattern. This truck sits at 45k and again, stupid vinyl graphics? Really?

The tires are big off road tires and you can see the fox suspension parts since it’s lifted. It just didn’t “do it” for me, I am just so sold on the Lightning and fell in love with that body style and that truck that this one is just “eh” to me.

I walked over to the Taurus SHO to check that out, it was black. I liked the black it was very very metallic paint. When you opened it was this hideous tan/brown color. I sat in the back; it was very comfortable and had a lot of room being that I am 5’10”. For the 41k sticker on the car I looked back at the Raptor and would rather have that for the extra 4k. But neither really sold me on that “HAVE TO HAVE” feeling. I’ll stick to Lightnings and Mustangs for now! Although, truth be told if I was buying a new car aside from a Mustang, it would be the Edge, I love those.
Seems like with Ford its 40k to play to get a new car. Wow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment