Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, October 5, 2009

Book-Worm

I love to collect things, and within the last year, it’s been books. They are all very interesting books, or so they’ve lured me into buying them and putting them on my book shelf.
I have finally started to read the books I’ve “collected” there are a TON of them. I figured I might as well start reading since I have the time to do so now. Plus it helps me escape from all of the emotional stress I am under.
I’m reading two books right now; I started reading “My Horizontal Life” By Chelsea Handler, who more famously goes by Chelsea Lately. The book is exactly what it sounds like, a collection of random one night stands. It is very entertaining and makes me laugh, I’ve gotten lost in some of the chapters and just lost track of time. I haven’t finished it yet; I left it in the Mustang about half way through it.
I did however; bring “I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell” By Tucker Max. They’re making a movie out of his book, it actually comes out tomorrow. I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie, which, I’ve wanted to do forever, I just get lazy and see the movie first. I like to build up the characters with my own imagination versus portraying what Hollywood has already casted the characters.
Anyways, same type of book, random one-night-stands, drunken adventures and some very detailed and insane stories. I have to wonder now, after these two similar books, are there more like this out in book land that have no crossed my path? I need to look into this.
I seem to buy books in “themes” I went through the single-chick stage of buying (still in the process of reading those, or rather, starting to read those) which is also connected to the dating-type of books, the chicken-soup-for-ANY-soul, the guide-to-anything, the military-stories, photography-how to’s, puppy training and I think there are a few romantic ones in there too. I focused a lot on single girl books, single girl falls in love, single girl has a career, whatever. It applies to my life.
I’m going to TRY to start reading more, getting into the books that caught my attention from the cover! Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment