Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Family Night

Looks like its family night! New to me, but I will roll with it. My previous dinner plans got canceled since Jax wasn’t feeling well, little bit of heart break since I wanted Sushi and Amy refuses to eat it.
Family night it is! We had Chicken Pasta, it was great, marinara sauce, and chicken was perfectly moist and delicious, bow-tie noodles (which are my favorite).
We sit down in the dining room and the rules are there are no cell phones allowed at family night. We all talked about our days, listened to the kid’s events at school and what is coming up in the next few weeks for them.
I can’t even remember the last time I had a “family” night. Since it was just my mom and I for the last 5 years, we became best friends and always did everything together. This was just a different dynamic, it was a nice feeling. After dinner we’re supposed to do something together, it was Alyssa’s night to plan it. She couldn’t come up with anything, so we all threw out ideas. I wanted to go to a movie, but by the time we checked the schedule the only movies playing were the 10 o’clock ones. With the kids having school the next day it was too late. Taylor wanted to go to some sort of “patch” shop. Alyssa wanted to go down to the board walk by the beach. Amy & I had just been there earlier in the afternoon. Apparently it’s a tradition to go to the board walk; we’ve gone every single time I’ve been in town.
The kids went to their rooms to do whatever it is they do, and we sat in the living room and talked. I wanted dessert. I wanted blueberry cheesecake, and do you know who has the best cheesecake ever? That’s right…The Cheesecake factory. We went there, it was my treat, and it was PERFECT!
Amy had the red-velvet cheesecake, which had alternating layers of red velvet cake and original cheese cake. She let me have a bite, it was excellent!! I went with the wild blueberry and white chocolate cheese cake it is so yummy. Has real blueberries and the perfect amount of white chocolate swirled in it. It tastes like blueberry muffin mix, but in cheesecake form. Trust me; it is worth the risk to try it. Taylor ordered cookies & cream and Alyssa got the snickers one.
It was a sweet ending to a great family night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment