Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mystery Numbers

I hate when this happens…some random number pops up on my phone, usually it’s a text.

Random calls don’t bother me; I figure if I don’t know you, you can leave a message. I almost refuse to answer my phone unless I know who it is. I hate being caught up in the “awkward conversation” which usually goes like this:
Me: “Hello?”
Random: “Hey what’s up?”
Me: “Uh, Who’s this?”
Random: “you don’t know who this is?”

And at which point I’m annoyed clearly I don’t know who it is, hence why I am asking the question. Anyways, today it was a random text (which I hate) saying at 11am “Hey” that’s it? “Hey”? What the hell is “hey”? It’s not “hey...what’s up” or “hey...how are you” of course this “Hey” is from some number that isn’t on my phone, which leads me to believe I haven’t talked to this person in at least 3 months. Since I am pro-delete I like to delete people who aren’t active in my life, mostly because I don’t want to drunk dial/text them when I don’t need to. Usually its people that have hurt my feelings or made me mad, or something along those lines. It’s not nearly as random as it may sound. I am a prompt text-responder, normally and I was today too, I texted back with “hi? Who’s this?” which I thought would get a prompt text back with an answer. Nope. No text back! Now what the hell? I acknowledged your text, and asked who it was. Maybe I got a new phone and you’re not in there? Usually that’s never the reason, but I reserve it in case it might happen one day.

People usually get all hurt that you don’t have their phone numbers. The reality is, if I don’t talk to you on a more-regular basis, I don’t care to have you in my phone. It’s just that simple. It’s a 303 number, so it’s someone from back home. Who? Yea I have NO FREAKING idea. The only thing I can think to do is call it. So I texted the same “hi? Who’s this?” twenty minutes after the first text, again nothing. Guess they don’t want to say “hey” after all huh? Now, who at 9am on a Sunday in Denver wants to just say “hey”? I went back to sleep for a few hours since we were in Richmond visiting Amy’s boyfriend B-Rian.

On the way home we stopped to get gas for the truck, I called the number thinking I would get a voicemail. I didn’t really want anyone to answer. I figured it was a guy anyways. I called, the ring back song was “Baller” at least I think that’s what it’s called. You know the song… “wanna be a baller, shot caller, 20 inch rims on the impala, getting laid tonight” yea that’s the one. Then it goes to voice mail, JACKPOT I thought until I hear the automated message that tells me the number I am calling. Damnit! Back to square one. I’m not one to dwell on it, just find it odd.

Guess I will plug it into my old phone when I get back to Florida and see if it pops up with who, and if not…Oh well! On an unrelated note..While driving home, Amy and I are talking about life, men and where it’s headed. The usual "girl talk" it’s nice since we don't get to spend allot of time together, when we do it like it just picks up where we left off.

Anyhow, she likes to tease me that I will marry F5* while it’s funny now, It won’t happen. At least... I hope not. Ugh.

She then tells me "You're going to marry Matt" we don't know any Matts and she randomly picked that name. She told me "write that down somewhere in case it comes true" I laughed and said, the L owners name is Matt, but she didn't even put that together, makes me laugh, So I am noting it here, and when I get married (5+ years) down the road, it'll be funny to read this and laugh. And if you are out there Mr. Matt whom I should marry...Hope to meet you at some point in my life :)


*name used to protect my ego.

0 comments:

Post a Comment