Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Trip To IKEA

After the dealership it’s off to IKEA the original plan to get these tote storage things I want. We walk around IKEA for who knows how long. Really you can spend all day in that store and just get lost. I love it, always have and it’s nice to finally have not one but TWO within 50 miles of me!

We went to the one in Tampa; it’s the “new” one. They’re all the same for the most part, except the Chicago one, its THREE stories. The others I’ve been to are only two but I love them regardless.

I was on a mission to get the tote things, (I will post a picture so you get the idea) I also wanted a coffee and end table if I could find one I like.

I realized that IKEA is all about the white this time around. Like, EVERYTHING is white. EVERYTHING. Tables, beds, couches, rugs, TV stands. A lot of it is retro looking, I really liked this red retro TV stand since my TV is the 52” Samsung “Touch of Color” (its red) but the rest of my entertainment shelves are black so I like to stick to black.

On to the coffee table selection, they have this awesome table its white (OFCOURSE) and its square has glass on top and a drawer under it so you can display pictures, knick-nacks, ect. They have the matching end table for it too, which would be perfect for behind my couch. Issue is…IT IS WHITE! I’m not a fan of white since again, everything in my house is black, and the contrast would just be too weird. How does this not come in black? Where are the other options? White is the be all end all of IKEA furniture today? What?

I move on, clearly today is not my day to find the sofa and coffee tables my little heart desires.
On to cube-age storage instead of a sofa table. Little shorter fits more things in it. Pretty neat. Now they have them in a natural finish and black-brown. Where is the love for black? Black-brown is clearly more brown that it is black. TheFriend tries to convince me that it looks black, and it’s what he uses. Problem is where the cube-age would be sitting directly faced the sliding glass door. There would be ample light to expose its brown-want-to-be-black finish!

I’m not anti-brown my couch is brown, dark brown leather and light tan cushions with multi-brown-colored-pillows on it, and I love it. I feel its okay because it’s a couch, it has the “A-okay” approval to be brown, and did I mention how comfy it is? That is the selling point.
I am now not only annoyed at the takeover of white on the entire IKEA floor, but the lack of black-black finishes on things. Boo! I told TheFriend, IKEA and I are NOT friends today.

I did however buy a dark purple sheer curtain and rod to go over my black out curtain, Give it a little “jazzy” feeling. I wanted to buy the matching duvet cover in dark purple because it was beautiful. I’m not a purple person, but I am coming around to it. I prefer pink. Well, of course they had every size EXCEPT King! Ugh. How does that happen? Good thing my comforter is black and white so I can add color on the curtains and it will match perfectly. I was just annoyed I couldn’t get THAT duvet cover. I want a girly bed set, but I seem to change my style so often I don’t want to waste money. On top of the fact I sleep with 12+ pillows and I like them to have matching pillow cases!

Total spent @ Ikea was $57 I was happy with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment