Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, October 2, 2009

Shadow Has a Garage!!

It’s been a long time since she has had a garage and the parking situation at my apartment complex is a little touchy. You can only have 2 cars in a one-bedroom; you get one “pass” per vehicle, up to two. You are required to have a pass to enter the complex if you don’t you have to give the guard all of the info: who you’re going to see, their address, who you are, ect. It is annoying to have to stop and say “I live here” 3 times a day. Typically it’s the night guard who’s on top of it; people come in and out during the daytime hours.
Shadow and Jayde (Mustang&F-150) have stickers, while the Lexus does not. I choose to daily drive the Lexus, its comfortable. I always parked it in front of my building in a row with the other two cars. I got a letter on it with a “complaint” that it didn’t have a sticker and had to park in guest parking, which is a block and a half away by the tennis courts. I parked it there on the 24th of August, the day before I left for Colorado. I haven’t touched it since I left! I decided now that I never seem to be home, I want my car to be safe at my complex. Not that it already isn’t, I just want more security for my piece of mind and I hate having to leave it at my friend’s house all the time when I go out of town. I decided to get a garage.
Its $80 a month for a garage, of course the garage isn’t really close to my apartment, it’s just about the middle of the complex and I live on the end. Whatever, if I decide later on I don’t want it, I’m not committed to it. I could always do a carport for $20, but that doesn’t make me feel “secure” and I get more storage space for random car parts I have.
So, now that I have a garage, I get to have another pass, I registered the Lexus with the office and I was excited. FINALLY! I went back to the tennis court to get the Lexus and park it by the truck, I get in, turn the key and it turns over but won’t crank. Damnit. I called the office; they don’t have anyone that offers jump-starts, go figure.
Let my friend know about it since I was headed to his house later on for dinner, he has roadside assistance on his phone and just has to be there, so we planned after the movie we were going to he’d come over and we’d call. No problem.
I hoped it was the battery and no the alternator or something else. It had to be the battery it sat for a month straight.
We went to the movies to see Surrogates. Pretty good flick, Weird concept I give it a B, I was entertained! Then we went to get ice cream at Cold Stone since its right there. I LOVE Cold Stone, it’s a newly acquired love. I always get the “banana caramel crunch” which is French vanilla ice cream, bananas, caramel sauce, chopped almonds, I then add in more banana, caramel, white chocolate chips and chocolate shavings. It is heavenly! I like to get the “ours” so I can enjoy it for a while. The gal was making mine and there were three cops standing by the registers talking to one another and talking to one of the young girls that work there. Of course I checked them out when I got in the door. I heart men in uniforms. The one talking to the teen girl was tall, fit, bald and sexy; I looked over a few times, made a few comments to my friend. The girl is mixing my ice cream and I look over at the sexy man-cop and his jaw drops and he looks at me and I said “are you making fun of my ice cream” he was very coy and said “No, No, I didn’t realize it was to go, I was about to say, whoa, I’ve never seen one that big who can eat that? I didn’t realize it was one to go” I gave him a hard time back about Lakeland cops not being friendly and hassling me about my ice cream to-go. He was flirty back, and again, VERY sexy!! But he was talking to the teen, who worked there, and he clearly looked to be early 30’s and I was with a male friend. It was a fun flirty experience. Anyways, we then called roadside assistance and headed back to my apartment. Played Wii while we waited and then the guy came.
Jump started the Lexus, it died. Ugh! Did it again, it stuttered, and then started to run just fine, let it run for a good while, bs’d with the tow truck driver, turns out he has a mustang. Small world right? He’s from Jersey, lives in Plant City, tells me I need to check out the Strawberry Festival in March and we talk for another hour while we turn the car on and off to make sure its holding a charge.
I came back to my apartment, played more Wii. Whooped my friends ass in everything we played because I am awesome (note, in the 2 years I’ve had my Wii I’ve played it less than 5 times)
Put Shadow in her new home around the corner in the garage, and called it a night! Lots to do tomorrow to get ready for the trip to see Amy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

damnit now i want THAT ice cream.

Queen Bee said...

Oh, its amazing, Amy and I ate it all, When I come to Houston we will go to Cold Stone down there k? :)

Post a Comment