Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, September 26, 2009

One Camera= Two Cameras!

I’ve noticed most of the people I know that have DSLR cameras also have a Point & Shoot camera. I mean, it would be almost impossible not to have both. You need the P&S for those random shots, for me, it’s usually random-drunken-moments. But, never the less its so much easier to cart around, put it in my purse and forget about it. I can’t imagine, handing over my DSLR to someone and asking them to take a picture of me!
Sidebar: While at the falls yesterday I had at least ten people come up to me and ask me to snap a picture for them. “will you take a picture of us?” I feel obligated to say yes. It’s just an automatic reaction. You know, like when people ask, “How are you?” The automatic answer is “Good and you?” Same thing happened while I was in Chicago shooting pictures. Maybe they assume, you have a good camera, you won’t chop their heads off? Regardless, I did it for everyone who asked. I did laugh a little when people said, the button is here. I have a good idea where the button on your P&S camera is; after all I am shooting on a little more complex camera than you!

Plus, I don’t want to haul around the bad-boy camera at a night club or wherever I might be going. The P&S is sufficient enough for those nights out. Plus my P&S has a flip-able screen, where you can look at the live view while you’re shooting. I just saw a commercial for a new Samsung P&S that shows a tiny live view on the front side of the camera, while it’s small and compact, and I am newly in love with Samsung thanks to my bitching HDTV & Blu-ray player. I am very content with my Canon Power Shot A640. 10.1 MP and worth every cent I paid for it back in ’06. I had the previous model that was 5.1 MP I believe, same sort of features. Love those cameras. Thought about possibly getting a “slimmer” model for my pocket since my P&S is a little more “bulky” but really, what is the point of upgrading when the one I have works perfectly?
Now, we should all know by now that I recently upgraded my DSLR, and by recently I mean 2 days ago. It’s a world of difference, and I haven’t even learned how the hell to use it. This will be rectified when I go to Houston. Becca & Justin are Canon whores/pros and know the ins and outs of these cameras, they’ve been shooting for a while and I’ve seen their work. It’s “whoa” worthy for sure. I’d love to book them for my wedding, since they recently started up R&J Studios. And by my wedding, I mean, 5+ years down the road when I find Prince Charming riding his White Horse, the works. Point being is, they’re going to hit it big, and I want to lock in the “friend” price hahaha. Anyways, I haven’t been to Texas since early ’05 and even then, it was just to visit a friend in college, didn’t get to experience the town or the scenery. Looking forward to that trip to see them, hang out and become a better photographer!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! thats all.

Queen Bee said...

All of the "Jump To Cannon" persuasion you and Justin did FINALLY Paid off!

Post a Comment