Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life In The Fast Lane!

I'm the kind of person who will have an idea pop into my head and just like that becomes a "must do" its no longer an idea, its an action. I'm not sure if I've always been like that, or just as I get older I learn more about life and how short it is. I want to live in the here and now, I want to LIVE life and experience what it has to offer, I want to want things, and I want to be able to obtain them. Its not a materialistic thing, as much as I don't want to limit myself on things that can be obtained easily. I want to be happy, and while I am not emotionally ready to let anyone else in. I am ready to make myself happy, and do whatever I can for myself to make me that way.
All of that said. I want a bike. I've always thought I wanted it, but was too scared, or too unsure to actually set out and get one. Granted I would take the course, get my license and then buy one. I'm not that irrational. Just spontaneous.
I've been around bikes my whole life, and they've always had their "appeal" to them, I was around Harley's and never got to experience the Crotch-Rocket saga that usually sweeps people my age. I went for a ride while I was in Ft. Riley visiting Kelli & her entourage. (see blog regarding that trip) after going 120+ on a back Kansas road, I felt something "new" some sort of fear meets excitement all at the same time.
I love fast, cars, trucks, bikes, planes-all except fast men that is! hahaha! I haven't decided on what exact model of bike I want, I need to go sit on them and see what "feels" right. I do know that I want the "Big Girl" bike, and to me that is 1000cc! I'm sure getting a 1000cc for a first bike isn't exactly "desirable" to most of you. But I know me, and I know that if I get something smaller I will be trading up in a mere matter of months and kick myself in the ass for not going with what I wanted from the get-go. I am not one to settle, I've learned that the hard way, so I don't want to limit myself to the "baby" bike. I will adjust to whatever it is I have, I can handle speed, I know bike speed is different. But again, I will be safe with it, and won't be pushing it until I am very comfortable. Bottom line is, really, I've had so many bad things in my life, I'm not concerned about tomorrow, when I can live for today.
I don't want a new bike, I really don't want to spend the money on a new one, when chances are I will set it down at some point. People keep telling me all newbs do. I don't want the payments and really, I am not sure how long this " I wanna go fast" phase is going to last.
I don't JUST want a bike. I want a Lightning too. I've always loved them, and decided that now is the time to indulge myself, in bike, truck, whatever the F comes next in the "phase" but, it is what I want, and really.. who am I to tell myself no? Hahaha.
So, on to the lightning phase-hey, I'm keeping it in the Ford Family!! I would LOVE to get my hands on an 03/04 Sonic Blue, DSG, or White one. I don't see it happening for what I want to spend and what I want done to the truck. I've never been a Red fan, but its growing on me. I would like something more "flashy"! DSG has been great on Shadow, and I love the color-slightly obsessed would cover it, I believe. Now I want something that "POPS" in pictures that stands out and says, Whoa..check me out. I believe Red would do that. I think I am leaning more towards Red since I saw a nicely modded Red L out of Dallas earlier.
I don't want to settle on a truck just to have a truck. While a low mile truck would be nice, I would really enjoy a nicely built truck, because when it comes down to it, say I spend 15k on a stock truck, I then have to mod it, now if I get a nicely modded truck for 15k with maybe a little bit more miles on it.. I'm golden. I want to be picky about it, and then I just want to be happy with it, and fast=happy. I can learn to live with any color, EXCEPT black. I don't want black, too much up keep and blah..someone ruined black for me on Lightnings.
I can't pass up a good opportunity, I have my eyes open for one, and hopefully one comes along. Granted I don't NEED it now, I NEED to get rid of a few of the other vehicles I have, but if the right one comes into my life, I'm not passing it up! I don't mind traveling to get it, hell at this point it wouldn't be anything different than what I've done all summer!
So..here is to happy Lightning hunting & to being able to get into a class to get my motorcycle license in the next few weeks, That is IF..big IF I can stay in the state for more than one week a month! The good thing is they have them every weekend in Orlando, so when I stop getting the Travel-bug I can pick it up anytime :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment