Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Midgets & Their Un-welcomed "Friends"



So, as I sit here at 3:25am on, now, Saturday Morning, here goes today's story. Tonight is the first night in, I don't even know how long, that I won't let my Puppies sleep with me. Puppies, Monsters, Midgets, I call them all of these randomly. It seems they have fleas, which makes me feel dirty. I don't really know about fleas, I've never had to have an experience with them. I do however, feel bad for the puppies. We just got back from a 3 week road trip from Florida to Colorado and back again. I think they must have gotten them from outside my apartment last night, because I didn't notice it till this afternoon/evening. At of course which time, was too late. They got a bath around 1pm and then were left home while I was out all evening. I got home again at 2am (which I know sounds bad since it was 12 hours, but they weren't neglected, I assure you) and I thought to myself that maybe they were just dirty and the shower I gave them earlier had corrected the issue. Wrong. I saw something on Milo's paw, it was small and black and it jumped from him to the bathroom floor, as I screamed " WHOA" and immediately ran to Walmart-Which is always an adventure after 9pm on any given night. Shockingly enough, It was pretty painless, I didn't have to wait in line for more than two seconds and there wasn't a lot of action going on, which I like when I just want to get in and get out and be done with it.

I bought EVERYTHING, Flea collars, spray, shampoo, carpet sprinkle stuff (you know, you sprinkle it on, then vacuum it off?) bombs. The WORKS! I sprayed down EVERYTHING, put the collars on them and left them outside my bedroom. I feel bad, but I don't want to freak out and think that I feel something.. *shivers* I hate creepy stuff like that. So, when it hits 7am I'm getting up and taking the dogs out for a few hours and bombing the apartment to get rid of any sign of these little creepy icky things.
Bella & Milo are clean dogs, I am a clean person, But ewwwwy I can't wait to get out in the am and just kick this little issue in the rear and be done with it!

So tonight they are sleeping with out the normal "cuddles" no under the covers, and I still feel bad. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment