Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, May 7, 2010

Get Low...Get Low??


I think it’s time for a new bed frame, I bought a new bed back in November and I am still very pleased with it. In fact, I struggle to get out of it since it is so comfy. It's been named the "Marshmallow Bed" and from that name, who would even want to get out of it?

The bed frame I have is wood and the hinges need to be replaced and it’s not supporting the bed the way I would like it to. So it’s time to upgrade. I've always loved the headboards with the leather padding. They are so elegant! I don't want to pay $600 for a bed frame so I've been looking into my options.

What I am coming across is a bunch of platform beds. It’s like wild fire; they are ALL over the damn place. I don't want to roll out of bed I want to be up a significant amount higher, plus I really love storing my shoes under my bed. I have a mattress and a box spring, platform beds are mattress only! Who likes sleeping that low to the floor? Do you feel more aero dynamic while you're down there? If that is the case I suggest you get a race-car bed, at least that way, you can FEEL like you are getting the whole experience.

TheFriend (from previous blogs) wants one, I don't get it, and he is a big guy. I suppose it likes the look of it, but wouldn't it suck to struggle to get up and physically out of bed? Or is that just me?

Tyler said he could build me a frame for a significant amount less, but I don't know if he'll be able to get the design I want. There is no doubt he's talented with his hands and quite the handy man around his house. He built Heather a beautiful deck. But all of the head boards I like have some intricate design.
I’ve looked on craigslist, I found this really intricate headboard but it’s pricy, and it’s just the head board.  I have also checked online at the furniture stores here and nothing really catches my eye. Checked overstock too, since shipping is $2.95 and I hate to pay shipping on anything. I found a few I like, but they’re brown leather,  I favor black & they’re about the $500 range again. Ugh!!


1 comments:

Kendra said...

"Dude, your bed is a car..."
"Yeah, but it's a fucking sweet car. My roomates said they were gonna get me rims for Christmas, or a CB radio so I could talk to other car beds..."


We had a platform bed and I hated it!! I always hit my shins on it. Now we just have the boxspring and mattress sitting on the floor b/c we never got a new frame :( I would love to have this bed though http://www.zgallerie.com/pc-7611-66-x-canopy-bed.aspx

Post a Comment