Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Frightmare Update!

Which is what I've named the Lightning, Friend of mine called it the "Frightning" since he thinks its fast. I call it a Nightmare since it is, and together you get "Frightmare" If it’s not one thing with this damn truck it is another. It's been down now for a month or so, I need ANOTHER new intercooler pump since my new one (replaced in January) is now shot.

Ugh, the "idea" of having a 600+ rwhp truck is far more satisfying than actually having a 600+ rwhp truck.

I missed a race day that I pre-paid for since the truck isn't cooling which in turn is taking the timing out of my truck. For you non-car related people that is bad news and can lead to bad things, including a blown motor. I really don't want to sink money into a motor so I have to baby it.

I ordered a new pump 4/5 and it is still back ordered, I need to cancel the order and order it from another company who has it in stock so I can at least enjoy my Frightmare a little bit. I ordered a marine-style pump since it flows more water to the heat exchanger.

The bad news is that when I took it to the shop in January they told me they replaced all the lines from the reservoir in the truck bed to the heat exchanger. Yea, not so much, they replaced it to the pump and the rest is all old tubing. This is causing problems too since its looping and running through old hoses. The other issue is the reservoir holds less than a gallon of water, and if it drops below maybe two inches in the tank, I will get air in my system which is causing the pump to fail. Since this truck was built a few years back, the technology and everything has changed, there are now better reservoir tanks, or modded fuel cells to hold more water. There are better hose options & pump options.

I know it’s a minor thing, and could be way worse; the shop has gotten wind that I am upset and called to see how they could rectify the issue. I haven't called them back since I am still waiting on parts and had company in town for the last two weeks. I'm a sitting suck until I can at least get my hands on a pump. I do need to call the shop and express my concerns since I don't feel I got what I paid for.

I paid to have my gauges put in, truck to be tuned, new fuel pumps (2) new hoses & new intercooler pump. My gauges weren’t installed correctly, I am missing a boost sensor, and my fuel pressure isn't reading correctly. The power wasn't run to the gauge so it wasn't even reading fuel pressure. I am replacing another pump due to several reasons, but I am upset the hoses weren’t replaced from the heat exchanger back to the pump! Grrrrr.

I just have no desire to to anything to it right now, I ordered new black grilles for it, I haven't put them in yet since it has other issues.

This thing better run like a champ for a long time, or it needs to find itself a new home!

I find it funny I tag this as "I Wanna Go Fast" because I do, but apparently the "Frightmare" has other intentions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment