Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Best Auntie EVER!

Yes, that is right, I am the BEST Auntie EVER, well to my Niece & Nephew that is :)

My Niece Caden is 19 months old and my Nephew is just barley over 1 month old. They live in Alaska with my Sister & her Husband. My Sister & Caden came out to Florida last August to spend some time with me, the timing couldn't be more needed, I was grieving and having that little baby girl and my Sister there, made it alright in those days to feel happy I went "home" last year because it was Caden's first Christmas and I had the time off. I wish I could make it back "home" this year for Parkers first Christmas.

It is crazy how much you can love a little one that isn't even yours. I love them both like they are mine. I know I will be in their lives forever, such a good feeling!

I always had to get Caden "Auntie" shirts, you know the ones that say, My Aunt is Awesome, My Aunt Rocks, All I want for Christmas is my Auntie. Well the tradition continues with Parker. I want them to know how much I love them, even if it is 2800 miles away!

I grew up an only child, and my Mom did SO much for me, that I want to be able to give that to someone, I'm not ready to be a Mommy yet, but I am ready to be an Auntie. I know they won't remember what I do for them now, but over the years they will be told, and I want a tradition to go with it. Like if every year I get them ornidements, or a Christmas movie, write them a letter. Something that I can keep consistent and fun.

Getting packages rock, no matter how old you are, but, being a kid and having a package come from someone else and have presents in it-that's one of the greatest things.

I just want to be the Aunt that I wish I had growing up, I want these kids to grow up and know that I am there for them, I care about them and love them so so much.

I know my Sister appreciates it, I am always thoughtful no matter what the occasion is. I'm sure she will do the same for me, when I have kids of my own.

Pics of course to follow, but I have to tell you (all of you) what I got them. Caden is my favorite to shop for, she's old enough to know what things are and to play with them. She LOVES Kitties, I call her Caden Kitty and then always say "Here Kitty Kitty" Even talking to her on the phone she lights up big huge smile and giggles. I got her a white kitty that looks real similar to her beloved "Taz" and you can pet the kitty and it purs, she is going to LOVE it!

I got her a "Big Sister" outfit, A Miami Dolphins outfit- Since my sister is a football fan they watch the Dolphin games too, Its a pink jersey, sooo cute. A few Auntie shirts, you know I have to remind them how awesome I am :)

More toys: A Tinkerbell play camera, tinkerbell play keys, Disney Princess bracelet set-which I am sure she is too young for but, its cute and I think she can handle it.

I did get both of them stockings-which I told my Sister NOT to get them stockings, with the exception of Peanut (Parker) because every baby needs a baby's first Christmas stocking. The stockings I got them are white and I got their names embroidered into them. I call Caden Boo & Parker Peanut, but I decided to leave it more of a timeless look. I just put "Caden" in red on hers and "Parker" in green in his. This way they can grow up with them and know Auntie Bee did this for them :)

For Peanut I went with just clothes, I mean, what else do you get for a baby?? He got a Dolphins outfit too, of course. Some really cute onesies and pants, the Auntie collection too (of course)

And I'm sure I am leaving things out, but pictures will show what I missed. I wasn't much into the Christmas spirit this year since I can't be "home" and I am still grieving the loss of my Mom :( But, shopping for them really brightened up my holidays. Thank you Boo & Peanut for making this season a little bit brighter.

Auntie Bee Loves you both!



0 comments:

Post a Comment