Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Routines are so, uh, Routine??

These Days…

I can’t seem to manage my time! I went from having all the time in the world to working which means, not having enough time to complete my “to do list” for the day. On top of adjusting to my new schedule and lack of time management, I am going to try-scratch that, I am going to actually go back to school in the fall. Slightly scared since I can’t manage to accomplish my tasks now with just working full time. It’s a double edged sword, I need to go to school to get my degree but I have to give up my time to do it, which should be fine, I really don’t do much of anything out side of work these days anyways!

I’m sure it’s just an adjustment that I need to make, fall into my routine, which oddly enough, I’ve never been good at having a “routine.” I suppose it goes into the whole idea that I don’t always do the same thing each day at the same time. For example: Some mornings I eat breakfast at home, others I eat in the car, and the rest of the time I end up eating at work. I am just not a “routine” person, I wish I was for the sake of time management. I always try to plan out my time (in my head) and while it always works there, it never does when I try to apply it.

Case in point: I have this wonderful idea that since I work at 10am (soon to be 11 am) that I can get up earlier and start running and make a habit of it and get into a “routine” to do so. I feel if I do it every day I’ll feel accomplished. Which I think falls into my whole “commitment issue-saga” Anyhow, this never happens. I blame what I like to call the “Sleep Monster” I can get up let my pups out just fine, but then “Sleep Monster” takes over and I go back to bed until its time to get up and get ready.

I do however believe that the “Sleep Monster” and “Marshmellow Bed” might just be one in the same. That bed ROCKS! I sleep so well in it. Love. That. Bed.

So having a “routine” to me is the same as “vanilla ice cream” while it’s the “safe” choice and will always be there, it becomes mundane, oh, well that and I can’t ever get out of bed on time, therefor making a routine would make me late. I hate to be late, I hate when other people are late more so than if I am late, but still, it bothers me. I can see running late on occasion but, UGH! It especially bothers me when there is a deadline involved like a movie time, a play, dinner reservations or an airplane!! Times are not suggestive, at leaast I don’t find them to be.

Which leads me into another topic: Plans! I have to have a plan, I mean I HAVE TO HAVE a plan. I can’t always remember being this way, and don’t get it twisted, I am still carefree and up for whatever and can go with the flow, easy going type of gal, you know? But I’ve realised when it comes to other people plans are a definite must have for me. I never have to have a plan for myself as to what I am going to do on a “leisurly” day, but if it involves another person or several, I need a plan, times, places, ect. Because, I’ve found it’s really hard to people to keep their word and relying on others gets old very quick. More times than not I’ve had “plans” and things happen, I get that, but when it’s the same people all the time, you tend to get a good sense of how reliable or not so reliable they are.








0 comments:

Post a Comment