Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wine Down Saturday!

I heart wine. I think I am more of an avid "collector" than "drinker" but I like it anyways.

Heather & I went to the Lake ridge Winery two weekends ago. They were having a blues festival and it gave us a chance to spend some girl time and take a ride in her Mustang Convertible. Which I must admit I love, I have never been a vert girl, still unsure if I want to own one, but I enjoy the hell out of hers when I can.

The trip took about an hour and we had a blast singing loud and laughing our asses off on the way there.

We get there, do some tastings and their wine was pretty good. I am a strictly sweet-wine lover I don't care for dry or even semi-dry uck! My friend Chelsea back home says I drink grape juice since I like it so sweet, she's right I do.

Heather had never been to a wine tasting, so it was a fun experience to be there with her. We tried 9 wines out of those I like I liked 4. They had a "Buy one case, get one FREE" deal going on, which really is a STEAL. 2 cases of wine for the price of 1! I of course bought 2 cases, one strictly of the sweet white, then the other one I split up, 6 bottles of sparkling white wine, and 6 bottles of red. The red you can turn into Sangria, and since I LOVE Sangria I had to get some red 

They use the Muscat grape for their wines, I am a big fan of the Moscatto grape, but I enjoy the Muscat grape it’s just not as sweet. They also had actual Muscat grape juice; I bought a few cases of that. Tried it last night again, whoa, its sweet!

Heather really seemed to enjoy herself, and it’s always nice to spend time with someone you can laugh with. Thanks for going Heather!


1 comments:

gointopless said...

No problem wifey... ill drink wine with you anytime =)

Post a Comment