Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stamps...The NEW way to express yourself!

I have a strong Love/Hate relationship with the post office. I love to get mail (not bills of course) and packages. I HATE going to the post office to mail anything or pick up anything. It always takes forever, people are so indecisive on when they want to send whatever they're sending and how long it will take. Ugh!

Oh and if that wasn't bad enough, you wait FOREVER sometimes!

Anyways, I had to venture off to pick up a package and to send one out. I killed two birds with one stone! Yay!

While waiting in line to both pick up/drop off packages I saw an advertisement..If you will, for stamps. Shocking right? Well it was! Now you can get your stamps with your pet’s pictures on them. I laughed to myself, Really? Pets on stamps? I know people love their pets, I know I love mine, I even have photos in my house of them, hell, I talk to them like they're people (they are dogs, I am not the cat lady) BUT...on a stamp?

So I got to thinking, I don't care about stamps when I get a letter. I like the Christmas ones because that is fun, its Christmas after all. But other than that I don't care if they're hearts, flowers, trees, flags, celebrities, I am just excited to get the letter or card that was sent. I have to admit I almost never look at the postage anyways, that part gets filed in the trash can and I enjoy whatever was put in the envelope.

I know this will sound like a slight contradiction-but hell it’s my blog! I love the personalized picture stamps, I find it adorable when couples send out wedding announcements & invitations and the stamp is a beautiful picture of them in love & happy <3 That is the only time I think it is cute. The rest of the time I don't pay much attention. Seems like if I buy the "cute" or "fashionable" stamps that the rates change, and now I have to buy another stamp to travel alongside that one. Ugh!

I am a big fan of the "forever" stamp. No matter what postage is, that little bad boy will take care of it and get my letter to its destination!

The post office wasn't bad today. Got to pick up my package which made my day, someone spent a lot of time to send me a "happy thoughts" book to cheer me up since life hasn't been so peachy lately. I cried from the sentiment. I love hand made things. I have amazing friends, I feel blessed to live so far away and feel so cared about!

I sent off a "surprise" package since I think those are the best to someone special in my life. We'll see how they like it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment