Welcome to my blog :)

rss

Friday, December 3, 2010

Changes!

I woke up yesterday and decided it was time for a change. This is pretty much how my life works. Something pops in my head and I follow it out to the best of my abilities. Sometimes they are great ideas, some crazy, some near impossible, some short lived and some I am still perusing.

This specific change that came to mind yesterday is its time to let the Lightning go.

I've had it for 14 months now, and maybe MAYBE have driven it a total of 1,000 miles, which includes the 700 mile trip to bring it home. I have spent enough money getting it to run-and it does run right, now-finally. I am just tied of it sitting.

It was an impulse buy, I've wanted one for so long, got caught up with the Lightning guys back home, fell in love with these trucks years ago and always wanted one. Well I got one, was excited for a few months and then it kinda wore off.

Don't get me wrong I love the Lightning Community, some of the greatest car people I've ever met are Lightning owners. Even before I bought my truck they were all so friendly and helpful. Very welcoming, I can honestly say, there is not another greater group of Auto Enthusiast out there!

Now that my truck just sits, I don't really see the "need" for it, I don't have the desire to keep it. I am sure selling it will be tricky, to get what I want out of it and not take a total loss on it. But time will tell on it.

I know a lot of people are going to be sad, and not want to see it go. But its just time for me to move on, I don't want to replace it, I can honestly say I won't own another one. I wanted a 600+HP Truck and I got it, but I don't feel like I have the time for it. The meets are a blast to go to, but I can still do that with out actually having one.

I'm sure it goes deeper into my psyche- I'm never happy with anything I get. Funny & true, I thought I would be content with this for a while, but over the last 6-8 months I've really thought about putting it up for sale, I just hate the whole selling process. I am not in a rush to get rid of it. But I think having it sit around in a garage isn't what it was "built" to be, Someone needs to drive it, enjoy it, race it, romp around on it...that person just isn't me anymore. I do enjoy driving it and playing around with it, but I don't feel that "attachment" like I do to the Mustang.

I want a bike, I think I am at that point in my life where I crave change-well, that and I already have my motorcycle license, I've just been waiting for the "right time" to get one. I need to liquidate some of the cars I have now, before I add more. I am starting to be more practical and rational with my decisions, looks to be that I am growing up :)

Bottom line is it is a toy, and it is meant to be played with, and since I am not, it deserves more. I might miss the "Frightmare" later on, but now I think its time to let it go

As one Lightning owner leaves, a new one is welcomed. Its a beautiful circle :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment